Tips to control excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
Here are a number of tips recommended by the dermatologists at Bulimba Dermatology to help minimise excessive sweating:
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, quick dry clothing
- Replace sweaty clothing, such as socks, regularly
- Well ventilated shoes with absorbent insoles can help keep feet drier
- Use gentle, soap-free cleansers when washing
- Talcum powder applied after showering to sweaty areas, such as the trunk, can be helpful
- Reduce coffee and other caffeinated products in the diet
- Try to maintain a cool environment with natural ventilation or air conditioning when possible.
Specific sweat solutions
There are many alternatives for controlling and treating excessive sweating. Some of the solutions for excessive sweating that we can offer include:
- Other topical treatments
- Injections (botulinum toxin)
- Systemic treatments
- Surgery (ETS)
Some treatments are more effective than others and side effects vary between treatment types. Certain treatments are better suited to different body parts. At Bulimba Dermatology our dermatologists can discuss which treatment options are right for the type of sweating and body site that affects you.